Ahoy good people. I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately. It’s the sort of thing that happens when you’re crazy (if you didn’t catch that in the About section already, I’ve got one of those wonky brains that like to mess with my shit every once in a while) and it’s crazy exhausting. You see, I was watching my other boyfriend George Stroumboulopoulos of CBC’s The Hour (I don’t know, he opens every night with “I am your boyfriend George Stroumboulopoulos” so I just stopped arguing – and you really should check it out for a good dose of Canadian media) and he happened to stumble upon one of those horrific scientific discoveries that tells you exactly how the world is going to end. I know, I know, it’s retarded and billions of years anyways. But being reminded that everybody dies eventually is one of those things that makes my brain go GAAAAH!!!!!!!! Because I hate things that are beyond my control, and that’s the one damn thing that has no way around it.
So two days later I’ve still got the panic going on, and I’ve been having a hard time getting my ass in gear. I haven’t crafted anything, because there’s no point doing anything half assed, right? I’ve just been still puttering along on the lime green basketweave scarf.
I’m also in a funk cause work sucks and a good chunk of my clients are a pain in the ass. I’m also in a funk because yesterday was my six month anniversary with Josh, and he was out with friends. To be fair, he didn’t know it was a big deal to me. Hell, I didnt know it was a big deal to me. It’s not even a big deal. It’s just that Josh and I have both been really busy lately, so we’ve missed spending time together, and I had figured it would be a good night to stay in. But things came up at the last minute, and although he offered to stay in once he (once I, really) realized what was on my mind, I didn’t think it would be fair to have him break plans. Plus, it was friends he hasn’t seen in a while, not just his everyday chums that he can see any night of the week. So I gave the blessing to go have fun guilt-free and in exchange he’s set aside tonight for us and acknowledged that our one year anniversary is something to write on the calendar 😉 So I’m not mad at all, really. It’s more that I’m just bummed that I can’t go hang out with my boyfriend and share in his good times with friends. Reminds me that I’m stuck here with the quickly approaching winter.
I’m really trying to pull myself out of the blah’s because they’re just flat out bad for the mind and body. So in an effort to fight it, here’s a list of good things going on:
– I’ve invoiced Romi for the Firecracker scarf, so it seems business is off to a good start so far (*Knocks on wood…in fact, punches wood in the face. That’s much better!*)
– That assmuncher client who was here just for a few days using our boardroom ordered catering again yesterday. (Well, I’m the one who does the ordering, but you know what I mean. He paid for it. Or his bosses did. Or whatever. I don’t care. There was food.) Yes there were egg salad sandwiches, and yes they were on big floppy slices of white bread. Finally, jeez!
– I’ve been given the go-ahead at work to be a little more assertive (I know, right? Me? Not assertive enough?) Meaning that if a client complains about the lock on a boardroom door, I can tell them “Our boardrooms are used and billed by the hour. They need to be self-locking to prevent unauthorized usage. So no, we will not change that for you.” This goes for Talea as well, though her role at work is much more involved than mine. I’m sure this is more of a relief for her than me, but it still makes for a less shitty work environment.
– I was delivering mail to all the offices yesterday, and I had to fart really bad. So I walked into the empty office of a client I particularly dislike and just let ‘er rip. That cheap bastard picked the teeniest tiniest office on the floor. He’s almost never in, but when I delivered the mail today, yesterdays mail had been picked up. He was in there. Awesome.
– I still have an awesome boyfriend, so that pretty much rules
Oh. There we go.
Yeah, I’ve been writing this in spurts here and there throughout the day, and about an hour ago I just sort of snapped out of it. Good news, I’ll be back to my usual self tonight! I’ll be spending most of my time with Josh, but I should be able to swing a bit of craft tonight.
Stay tuned for your regularly scheduled awesomeness.